Monson-Sultana Students have access to a broad range of online learning tools.
Below are some of our very best bets.
Click on any of the websites below to access their services.
Naviance College and Career Readiness Website (7th-8th Graders see teacher for login)
IXL Math: CLICK HERE to logon.
- IXL AT SCHOOL: Students and teachers, logon using your assigned IXL user name and password. See your teacher if you've forgotten your logon.
- IXL AT HOME: Use the same link above and the same name and password that you use at school to log on.
- IXL FOR PARENTS: IXL parent resources and quick start guide: CLICK HERE
LEXIA: CLICK HERE for information on how to download and register the Lexia Home to School Connection, then contact your child's teacher for registration code and logon name and password.
Kids Library at Tulare County Office of Education - links to a variety of helpful websites. User Name: monsonstudent Password: noggin
- Worldbook Online: Kids Version for Grades Pre-K to Grade 3
- Worldbook Online: Student Version for Grades 4-12
- Worldbook Spanish Language Version
- Worldbook Advanced Edition: Research, Primary Sources, etc
- Facts on File Database
- Education City - Online, Standards Based Activites, Success Tracker includes NEW Spanish Language Math Module!
- United Streaming - Standards based, on demand, digital video, audio, and image database
- Tumble Book Library for Grades K-6 More than 200 animated, talking picture books, many have AR tests available in our database!
- Tumble Readables for Grades 3-6 Over 400 chapter books you can read on your computer. Some will even read themselves to you!
- Scramble-Saurus - See if you can help Scramble-Saurus unscramble his words. Topics include animals, sports, Harry Potter and more!
- Check the @School link for tons of website links for help with Language Arts, Math, History and Science
Library of Congress - Lots on online resources for research and reports
FactMonster.com - info on just about anything!
Khan Academy - "Learn Anything!"
FunBrain - activities to help you master math and language skills
Time Magazine for Kids Fact Monster
New York Times Student Connections - Easy to read news articles and stories
ELearning for Kids - Hundreds of activities sorted by subject and grade level (browser must allow pop-ups)
Turtle Diary - "Re-imagination of learning"
Fuel the Brain - Educational games and activities
Mr. Nussbaum - created by a teacher for his students
Smarty Games - handle money, tell time.. plus more!
KidsClick! - online virtual library system
Internet Public Library - created by librarians
Seussville - Everything Dr. Seuss!
The Color - online interactive coloring book
ENGLISH - LANGUAGE ARTS
FunFonix - learn how to pronounce words
Sadlier-Oxford online phonics
StarFall - online learning activities
Online Spelling Bee
Shel Silverstein - the author
StoryBird - Digital publishing
The Story Starter
Math Chimp - Common Core math activities
Counting Money Flash Cards
Math Game Time
Cool Math for Kids
Earthquakes for Kids
The Water Cycle
ARKive - breath taking photos of animals and plants
Animal Planet - from the Discovery Channel
Infrared Zoo Animals - study the difference between warm and cold blooded animals
The National Aquarium
Bagheera - learn about endangered species
Planet size comparison - solar system research tool
Coral Reef Studies - fantastic photos of coral reef life from around the world
The Dino Directory - everything dinosaurs
Steve Spangler's Science Experiments
Switcheroo Zoo - create your own "custom" wildlife!
Magic School Bus - play 8 different science games
24/7 Science - from the Lawrence Hall Science Kids
SOCIAL STUDIES and HISTORY:
Mission U.S. - two online interactive games teaching U.S. History
Online Hieroglyphics Translator
Playing History - search the web for online History games and activities
iCivics - online Civics games
Printable World Maps
National Geographics Maps - printable and online interactive map resources
Timeline - create your own media rich online timelines
50 States - everything you need to know about the 50 United States
Have Fun with History
Where's that U.S. State?
The Underground Railroad - explore this famous Civil War topic
Plimoth Plantation - explore the first Thanksgiving and ineract with historical characters